I spent some time tonight working on the Break My Heart game that we’ll use this coming weekend.
I pulled out one of the Matchy Madness boards:
I stopped by Dollar Tree to look for buckets to use to hold the prizes. I found this as a possible solution. It was close to the correct size. Maybe a little small though.
I went ahead and tried to put it on the board to see how it worked.
It kinda fit, but the screws just barely fit around the edge of the opening. So I wasn’t happy. Once the tissue paper was put in the opening, I wouldn’t be able to see where to put the screws. I’m sure I would end up splitting the wood. So I went to a different Dollar Tree. This one had a different bucket. I originally had been looking for buckets only that had a decent lip so I could screw into the lip and secure it to the game board. But I found the following bucket.
This bucket has almost no lip, but it does have a couple of handles that I can use to secure it to the gameboard.
Here’s a couple of the buckets positioned where they would need to go:
To secure the buckets, I’m using small screws and washers to hold down the handles:
Here’s the board with three of the buckets secured to the board:
So now I’m going to pull the buckets off. I’ll let my wife cover the openings with tissue paper and fill the buckets with prizes. Then I’ll put all 9 buckets in place. The final step will be to build a stand to hold the gameboard at just the right height. I’ll post pictures of the finished product this weekend.